Delving into My Life

Hello there, I am Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci or better known as just Leonardo da Vinci. Some people know me for being an expert painter, sculptor, architect, musician while others know me as a scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, and writer. Nonetheless, I am most widely known for my art and how it is seen through other people’s views. Moreover, I was born on April 12, 1452 in Florence Italy from a wealthy father named Messer Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci and a lower class, peasant mother named Caternia. I had to live with seventeen siblings, until later on when I was older and was able to work on my own.
In my early years, I was already a talented, little boy because I was even able to help my dad create a painting on a shield that was sold and handed down to the powerful Duke of Milan which ended up earning a profit for us. Then, when I was fourteen, I was proudly an apprentice to Verrocchio’s workshop and in there were also other famous painters. During my time there, I had a chance to learn theoretical ideas and skills that helped me later on in life. As I grew up and became more and more wise, I also had the ability to create a silver lyre which shows how creative and constructive my mind was. Later on, I had to work for Cesare Borgia, Pope Alexander V’s son, as a military architect and engineer which was when I knew I was capable of creating distinct maps.
In 1503 as part of the Guild of St. Luke, I took part in relocating Michelangelo’s statue of David even when I felt the loathsome feeling within me. Furthermore, I was a sculptor and painter for the Duke of Milan and produced many studies in inventions and scientific thoughts. When I was finally creating my most distinguished painting, The Last Supper, it was to bring the High Renaissance the idealization of nature and the realistic truth of everything. This painting led to multiple controversies between different religions in the Renaissance. My skill of discovering how nature functioned was to dissect the human body to see more definitely how everything worked. Then, my other notable painting was Mona Lisa, and this painting aroused many to interpret it in contrasting ways, which shows my absolute brilliance in angles of artistic drawings because of the mysterious smile on her face.
During the Scientific Revolution, I summarized my opinion on mathematical science in that "proportion is not only found in numbers and measurements but also in sounds, weight, times, positions, and in whatsoever power they may be". Therefore, I was able to even think like the other elite intellectuals. I am a left-handed writer, so i wrote in a mirror techniques. Furthermore, my crafty wits allowed me to create inventions such as the soaring machines models which enhanced to later discoveries in actual flying. Most importantly, despite the certain antagonists who oppose my greatness, I am a man honored, admired, and thanked in my time due to the impacts and influences that I have done.   

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci%22%3Ehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci%3C/a>
         

8 comments:

Isabella I of Castile and León said...

Dear Leornardo da Vinci,
Though I did not know of your artwork until I started to reign Castile, your artwork has been an inspiration to me, especially your work of the Last Supper. Though I found out much later that you did not have any religious intentions to paint this, I was inspired because my nation was built to be Catholic because I, Isabella of Castile, created it to be so. Though your other works are truly a work of art, my favorite will always be The Last Supper. Please continue to paint more and one day come visit me in Castile and maybe paint a portrait of me, that would be great.

Charles Dickens said...

Dear Leonard Da Vinci,
Although I never met you in person, I have heard many tales about you. I've heard that you are not just a famous artist but also a musician. Your art is very inspiring and your name is greatly known. Even one of my closest friend, Michelangelo, is inspired by your great works. I have seen a few of your works myself and I deeply believe that you have a true talent! Your drawings are living and realistic. The proportions in your drawing is nearly perfect, especially your painting of Mona Lisa. Oh god, that painting is fascinating! But I alway wanted to ask you, why doesn't she have eyebrows? Anyways, I really enjoy your artwork and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Pope Julius II

Anonymous said...

Leonardo, I have heard many great things about you, despite the fact that I live 2000 miles away. Your incredible sculptures, paintings, and inventions, are just jaw-dropping. I have never seen someone able to have an impact on the world in so many ways. Your genius has forever changed the way people think. Personally, I enjoy your painting of "Mona Lisa" because it depicts a realistic woman filled with mystery. Your incredible success in many different areas is just amazing.
-Sultan Suleiman I

Arnold Schonberg said...

YOU ARE SO ARTISTIC AND INTELLIGENT! Your artwork is just amazing. Your discoveries in science helped you in you artwork. The new High Renaissance theme you have in your art just takes my breath away. Everything is perfect and realistic. I wish I was artistic too. Keep doing what your doing and you'll be the best painter in the world! :)

John Cabot

Giuseppe Garibaldi said...

Leonardo,
I truly admire your work not only as an artist, but as an inventor and engineer as well. Michelangelo was my mentor, and although the two of you are considered rivals, I cannot deny your genius. You have impacted Europe in ways that perhaps even Michelangelo himself cannot, and I do not doubt that you will continue to influence the world after your death.
Sincerely,
Sofonisba Anguissola

LouisX111 said...

Leonardo, you are a genius! You are skilled in everything, painting, sculpting, mathematics, science, etc. Your discoveries made a huge impact on the European Society. All your artwork is beautiful. On the Mona Lisa, it seems like she is always looking at me where ever i go. That is real art, keep up the good work. You are truly a genius, sir.

Judith Leyster said...

Hello Leonardo! This certainly the biggest honor to comment on your fantastic blog.. something that ANY artist, like myself, could ever ask for. I have noticed throughout all your painting posts, they are all very beautiful and profound in many ways. Like you had stated above, in your very eminent painting, the Mona Lisa, you have truly put alot of work into it. From the details, like you have stated, that mysterious smile on her certainly gives the painting the Da Vinci touch. I have overall enjoyed all of your paintings, and it was a true inspiration. Thank you once again!

Sincerely,
Judith Leyster

Joseph Lister said...

Leonardo, my acquaintance, I have seen your work, I am truly amazed about what you have done. Your extensive research baffles my small knowledge of the world. Now, I wish to show you the knowledge of my music. One day, I wish to meet you. The innovations possible with your ideas, yet no one really tried to take it and make something out of it. For once I have met a person as amazing as you. This is a wonder.

Sincerely,
Guillaume Dufay

Post a Comment