Verrocchio's Workshop


                               The Baptism of Chirst, (later work of art by the both of us)
      
Today at my 14th age in 1466, I was actually put into the workshop of Andrea di Cioni or more known as Verrocchio by my father because my father thought I had the talent to do great deeds. I was to be Verrocchio's apprentice in order for me to gain the knowledge in the natural studies of humanities. Other artists put into this fine place were Ghirlandaio, Perugino, Botticelli, and Lorenzo di Credi. In addition, I was finally introduced in more depth of the technical skills of life and the theoretical wisdom that would all be helping me later on in life. I am prepared for any task thrown upon me due to my ability to handle any tool that will enhance the works of my master. Verrocchio seems to appear before me as if I am better than him in what he does; nonetheless, I am not so sure because this man is known for his amazing works of art, and I am only to assist him a little bit further.
This was somehow the only job I can do at the time because I was an illegitimate child, and no other careers were in view. It is the most honorable position I can currently achieve. However, in my time being there, I am only helping Verrocchio in chores as basic and simple that I may be looked at as a worthless servant. Only later in my presence here was he able to give me better tasks to do like setting up pigments and canvases. When all was well an time went on, I am expecting for accomplishments that I would be more proud of like collaborating in a piece of art with my expert, Verrocchio.

Sources: http://www.sparknotes.com/biography/davinci/section2.rhtml
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_del_Verrocchio

0 comments:

Post a Comment